Wednesday 7 September 2011

Wake up

The other week my wonderful friend Jenny bought me a shiny new camera. Her reasons for such a sweet gesture were ‘I know you like going for little walks on your own and taking photos, and now you can do that as much as you like’. It was easily one of the nicest things that has happened to me in the past year, ever since I’ve been taking endless photos at every opportunity. Actually, just before my last blog post I tried to capture the grey-drizzle drenched streets I had been wandering through, but I didn’t post them because they were simply too depressing!

Living life whilst looking at the screen on the back of my camera is odd. A majority of my brain enjoys it. I almost wish I had a camera strapped to my head so that I could remember every little detail of life. Also, how will people know I’m having fun if I don’t upload photos onto Facebook to prove it ‘look at me! I have friends and occasionally go out! Hooray! Please think I’m cool!’ However the very nature of taking photos leaves you slightly removed from what is actually happening with the contrast that you consequently remember happenings more clearly. Also, my photography skills are truly lacking at the moment, but thanks to Jenny’s generosity (JENerosity!) I can practise and practise and take lovely arty photos of sunsets and that. Also it excites me that this camera might be following me on some crazy adventure one day... I can dream!

I’m very sleepy today and as such can’t truly be bothered to write much more... In short the past week (and a bit) has consisted of a kingfisher, a baby toad, an ending-less fairy tale, a change of career direction, the learning of (a bit of) shorthand, drizzle and breezy days, endless cups of tea (both sad and happy), mild disappointments and the legitimate and acceptable drinking of cider in a park. Who knew that some unemployed girl from Derby could have experienced so much more than she outwardly appears to have experienced? I apologise, I lapsed into writing in the third-person then... a symptom of Facebook overuse perhaps? ‘Ella Rhodes is... confused, as usual. lol.’. Anyway, without wanting/being able to go into any more detail, I shall say farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment