Sunday 13 November 2011

Newness

First off, may I apologise, more to myself than anyone else, that I haven’t written on my blog for a stupidly long time. However I have a superb excuse - my life has gone mad. Not scary mad, with spiders and laughing clowns, but joyous mad… with sunny, frosty days and new adventures.

Also I apologise if this post makes very little sense, there are simply too many things to say and I am exhausted, to my core, but that seems to be a constant at the moment. I’m writing now because, strangely I feel mildly more eloquent when I’m tired… however this may just be a trick my brain plays on me after 10pm where I think I’m saying interesting things, when actually all I am typing is “kjhoa aofuhpiv nvlakdimksf hahaha LOL!”

So, I’ve started my journalism post-graduate diploma. It is excellent. I am stressed and tired around 80 per cent of the time, but I love it. It’s exciting being ‘out there’ finding stories and finally being on a path that I know I should be on. I feel myself actually caring about my work and the opinions of my tutors- which is very new for me! I love meeting so many new people on a daily basis- it confirms the thing that my psychology degree taught me- all people are bizarre in their own little way, and it’s a wonderful thing. It’s especially wonderful when those people see themselves as being completely normal. You’re not, and it’s great.

Everyone on the course is really nice too, I was terrified that I’d be stuck in classes full of Pierce Morgans, but everyone is wonderfully normal and grounded… well, nearly everyone! We all have a hell of a lot to learn in a very short period, and there’s a feeling that we’re all in it together. I don’t know why I expect every journalist I meet to be horribly frank and straight-talking. I blame the media… Or at least, I blame ridiculous films about journalists.

Also I am no longer a love cynic. But I promised that I would never go on and on about those kinds of things, and I won’t. But at the moment I feel painfully cheerful all of the time. Disgusting isn’t it? I should know by now that good news doesn’t sell, but to be honest, I don’t care. I had many months of being a little bit bitter and twisted and despising jolly people. I think it’s a good thing that that’s all changed. All of a sudden. And Sam is teaching me how to sing. I sort of wish I could go and visit myself 3 months ago and say ‘relax, it’ll all be okay’.

Here is a list of things: Eingya, big wheel, monkeys, fireworks and sparklers, African drums, walking, delicatessens, breakfast, new environments, short hand, exchanging books, the piano, flash mobs and Minton tiles.

However one thing that’s annoying me is my ever-growing wisdom teeth. I’m pretty sure they’ve been growing for the past four years, yet still, they insist on squeezing their way through my already overcrowded gums, for no reason. It would be fine if they had a purpose, but I’ve managed 20 years with a normal set of teeth and have at no point thought ‘my I could really use four extra teeth right about now’. They’re not improving my chewing ability- in fact they’re a detriment to eating at the moment. And, if anything, I feel less wise now, due to the agonising pain, I really don’t have much capacity for deep thought. Not that that’s anything new.
My brother said this to me the other day when we were on a bus ‘do you think, when bus drivers get in their car at night to drive home, it feels really small?’ it did make me laugh.

Oh dear, and now I have that overbearing problem of worrying about my writing style. Now I’m training to be ‘a writer’ the quality should probably be better than this. However I have been reading a media law book all day and quite frankly I don’t care. This blog is solely for rambling and not for showing off my writing ability, or lack thereof.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment